Ideally positioned opposite Zeally Bay Beach at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road,Club Wyndham Resort Torquay is the most romantic holiday destination on Victoria’s Surf Coast. With sweeping panoramic ocean views and stunning grounds, this spectacular Victorian resort located under two hour’s drive from Melbourne beckons fun-seekers, families and hopeless romantics alike.
The Torquay resort features quality accommodation with a modern design including stylish hotel rooms and spacious apartments. Rich cream and chocolate tones create a sophisticated atmosphere to kick back and unwind, and most accommodation types offer a private balcony or patio that overlooks the swimming pool, gardens or ocean.
Outstanding facilities and exceptional service make Club Wyndham Torquay one-of-a-kind. The impressive resort facilities include an outdoor resort style swimming pool and spa pool, an indoor heated lap pool, barbecue area, a fully equipped gym and tennis court, 100 The Esplanade Restaurant & Bar, Sand Bar, day spa and six superb function venues.
Torquay has been a much-loved destination for Victorians since the early 1900s. Scenic walking tracks extend through much of the town’s foreshore, and sensational views can be enjoyed from Yellow Bluff and at Point Danger with its Anzac Memorial perched high above the ocean on the headland. Home to world famous Bells Beach, the Rip Curl Surfing Pro and the iconic surf brands including Quiksilver and Ripcurl, Torquay is Victoria’s surfing capital. From its amazing beaches to its surf factory outlets, Torquay invites you to immerse in surf culture.
Torquay is also the official start of the Great Ocean Road, one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal drives, which covers over 200 kilometres of the south-western Victorian coast. It passes through areas such as the scenic Otway Ranges and the rugged Shipwreck Coast west of Cape Otway.
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool and heated indoor lap pool
- Day spa
- Fitness centre with gym
- Six function rooms
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool
- Heated spa pool
- Heated indoor lap pool
- Day spa
- Fitness centre with gym
- Tennis court
- BBQ area
- Children’s playground
- Ground floor café (seasonal)
- Six function rooms
- High-speed internet access
- Internet kiosk
- Limited undercover parking
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus latest resort updates and developments.
CRITICAL INFORMATION – MUST READ: Effective from Monday 12th July 2021, all owners/guests checking into CWSP Properties MUST present photo ID in the form of a passport or driver’s license upon check-in. The ID must match the reservation in the Hotel’s PMS (Property Management System) and credit card provided. Guest name MUST be added to the reservation at time of booking, or prior to check-in. Only the Owner Services Team can add or amend a guest name. If owners call a resort to ask for a change to guest name, they will be redirected to Owner Services.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS – Whilst Covid-19 restrictions have eased in Regional Victoria, some restrictions may apply at the direction of the government, in which the resort must comply.
- Reception Hours: 24 hours.
- Rooms do not have ocean views.
- A $100 cash deposit or credit card imprint is required upon check-in.
- The fridge in the 1 bedroom apartment is of a small size. All rooms, except Hotel rooms, have convection microwave ovens, not conventional ovens.
- Hotel rooms currently do not have DVD players and some apartments do not have patio furniture.
- Hotel rooms do not have washer/dryer, and there is no communal laundry at this property. Please check with Reception staff during your stay if you would like information on nearby laundromats. Dry cleaning is available, see Reception for details.
- 1-Bedroom apartments have the shower over the bath.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the common areas of the hotel only, WIFI is available in all Hotel rooms and apartments charged at $5 per day, includes up to 4 devices (complimentary for Lifestyle Bronze and above).
- The indoor pool is a lap pool and is heated to 28 degrees
- Please note the Studio Deluxe apartment is situated approximately 50 meters from the lift and approx. 200 meters from reception. May not be suitable for those with mobility issues.
Guest Bookings: Please keep in mind that as the Owner you are responsible for your Guest’s complying with Club guidelines and regulations, your Guest’s behavior whilst staying at the resort, and any outstanding charges resulting from Guest’s usage at the resort.
Café/pool bar: Open seven days a week for breakfast from 8am to 11am. To see the most recent menu please click here.
Lobby café/bar: Open seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Coffee, Ice creams, pizza, snacks, drinks, beer and wine available. Online Pizza Orders are available 24 hours a day, pizzas made onsite daily. Note: the sale of alcohol may not be available at some times during the day in compliance to our liquor license.
Credit Card fees: From 1 September 2016 payments made by credit card for any charges incurred during your stay at a Club Wyndham resort will incur a Credit Card Service Fee of 0.9% in addition to the total amount payable.
Smoking policy: Owners and/or guests are able smoke in the designated smoking areas or on their apartment balconies, if they have one. You cannot smoke in your room at any time and, when smoking on a balcony, the door must be closed – you will be liable for an additional cleaning fee if smoke affects the inside of the room. Please consider other club owners and guests and try to smoke in a way where there is minimal or no chance of affecting others. Thank you.
Pets: Pets are not allowed at most Club Wyndham or Ramada by Wyndham properties. Exceptions apply in the case of hearing, mobility and/or vision impaired guests, please advise at time of booking if this applies, or those staying in dog friendly designated units at designated resorts see here for more information.
Wi-Fi is available at most resorts however it may incur additional charges. We recommend contacting the individual resort reception to find out more.
Grocery Service: available at selected resorts, click here to find out more.
Free Activities to Owners:
- Bike Hire
- Motorized Scooters
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 12:00pm (noon).
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at Reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Witness the rugged splendour of the famous 12 Apostles, magnificent rock stacks that rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean on Victoria’s dramatic coastline.
The Great Ocean Road is one of the world’s most spectacular drives, getting here is part of the experience. Cliff hugging curves, seaside cafe’s, emerald rainforest, fresh local produce and charming seaside villages await your discovery on route to the spectacular limestone formations, 12 Apostles, of Port Campbell National Park.
The 12 Apostles are located along the Great Ocean Road and are within driving distance from Melbourne and Torquay:
- From Melbourne – 275 kilometres west of Melbourne, approximately a four-hour drive (no stops)
- From Torquay – 150 kilometres, west of Torquay, approximately a two-hour drive (no stops).
Plan ahead to ensure you allow time to stop and see the sights along the way!
Not enough time? Join a scenic flight tour for a bird’s eye view of the stunning coastline of the Great Ocean Road through to the 12 Apostles!
Adventure Park Geelong
Ride some the of the world’s best water and dry rides exclusively at Adventure Park Geelong – Victorias Biggest Theme Park!
Soak up surf culture, sunshine and holiday fun on the surf beaches around Torquay. Bells Beach is on Torquay’s southern outskirts, and this is where the world’s top surfers converge to tackle waves of up to five meters in the Rip Curl Easter Pro, the world’s longest running surf contest.
Geelong Wine Region
One of Australia’s truly iconic wine regions, the Geelong wine region is home to more than 150 vineyards, 60 wineries and 40 Cellar Doors.
Grampians National Park
The Grampians (Gariwerd) is a series of rugged sandstone mountain ranges and forests rich in wildlife. One of Victoria’s most popular destinations, the Grampians National Park is a great venue for rock-climbing, scenic drives, bike riding, bush walks, fishing and nature study.
Renowned for its breathtaking rocky views, rich Aboriginal culture, European heritage, spectacular water falls and stunning spring wildflower displays, there is plenty to see and do in this ancient landscape.