Welcome to Deer Harbor, Washington! This beautiful town is located in Orcas Island, right between Washington and Vancouver, perfect for enjoying the beautiful sights of the Pacific Northwest. The surrounding land protects the San Juan Islands from the harsh northern weather. There is a wonderful mix of art, culture and adventurous nature trails, forests and lakes for any type of vacation you’re looking for. You can visit nearby villages like Olga, Eastsound and Orcas for a night of boutique shopping, browsing art galleries and dining in restaurants with some of the Northwest’s best chefs.
Around Deer Island you’ll find adventure everywhere you look. Head on over to the marina where you can schedule guided kayak tours or go whale-watching. Experience the sights of Orca whales, Minke whales, Elephant seals, Harbor seals and so many other beautiful animals of the northwest. Every Saturday from May to September you can visit the Orcars Island Farmer’s Market and enjoy local produce while shopping from farmers and local artisans.
· Front Desk Hours: 7:00am – 11:00pm
· Wi-Fi Internet Access
· This property is accessible only by ferry, small plane or private boat
· Barbecue Area
· Fitness Center
· Hot Tub (Outdoor)
· Laundry Facilities
· Owner Lounge
· Swimming Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal)
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus the latest resort updates and developments.
- No air conditioning
- No elevators
- Stairs to most suites
- Front desk hours are from 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- If you plan to arrive at the resort outside of normal front desk hours, please call the resort to make alternative check-in arrangements prior to arrival.
- This property is accessible only by ferry, small plane, or private boat. The ferry ride to Orcas Island from Anacortes is approximately 80 minutes.
- If you choose to enter and exit Orcas Island via ferry from Anacortes, Washington or from Sidney, British Columbia, you are encouraged to make reservations for both trips before arrival. Please visit Washington State Ferries for more information.
- The resort is located on a steep hillside, and caution is advised.
- Due to routine cleaning of the hot tubs in all suites, owners may experience a delay in hot water on the day of check-in.
- Parking is limited at WorldMark Deer Harbor and the resort is not able to accommodate the storage of boats, RVs, and trailers.
- Pool hours are 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Outdoor pool is seasonal, open May 15-Sept. 30 annually. Children who are not fully potty trained must wear swim diapers. There are no lifeguards on duty. Please refer to posted pool signage for more specific information.
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 10:00am.
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Moran State Park
Visit one of the nation’s most beautiful parks to hike, bike, swim, or explore. Moran State Park covers 5,252-acres, has over 38 miles of hiking trails and five freshwater lakes. Drive, bike, or hike up the 2,409-foot-high Mt. Constitution, the highest point on the San Juan Islands, for a 360° view of island-dotted ocean and snow-capped Mount Baker. The gift shop and Learning Center are seasonal.
Orcas Island Farmers Market
Open from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. every Saturday from the first weekend in May to the last weekend of September on the Village Green in the heart of Eastsound. Discover local, organic produce, coffee, homemade soaps, textiles, artisan food, baked goods, plants, jewelry, candles, pottery, and much more at this weekly gathering of farmers, artists, and chefs, all sharing goods produced on Orcas Island. Meet the farmers, local artisans & craftspeople.
Don’t miss the opportunity for a whale-watching tour. Most tours offer a trained naturalist on board who can point out the sights such as Orca (Killer) Whales, Minke Whales, Elephant Seals, Harbor Seals, Stellar and California Sea Lions, Gray Whales, Dall’s and Harbor Porpoises, Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Cormorants, and Great Blue Herons, depending on the season.