Club Wyndham Pokolbin Hill is an excellent holiday destination to explore the sun-drenched landscape of the Hunter Valley. Exuding tranquillity and surrounded by trellised grapes, your resort in the Hunter Valley provides Members with a home away from home to recharge, relax and indulge the senses.
At the Pokolbin Hill resort, studio rooms accommodate two people and the one and two-bedroom apartments sleep a maximum of four and six guests. Studio rooms are appointed with a microwave, kettle, toaster and bar fridge and the self-contained apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen and spa bath for the ultimate relaxation.
Make the most of your stay at Club Wyndham Pokolbin Hill by enjoying the fantastic resort facilities including a pool, tennis court and barbecue facilities. Hunter Valley’s wine country, which is one of Australia’s oldest wine regions, also provides a myriad of activities and attractions.
Savour exquisite dining and sip on some of the world’s best wines, stroll at your leisure through world-class vineyards set amongst panoramic countryside, visit beautiful art galleries and take in the picture perfect scenery from a hot air balloon tour. Life’s pleasures await you in the Hunter Valley.
- BBQ facilities
- Tennis court
- BBQ facilities
- Games room
- Tennis court
- Tour desk
- Shared laundry facilities
- Onsite parking
Special Needs Facilities
- Resort facilities and units are spread out, there can be a 100 meter walk to the apartment from the car space (via natural roadways with some uneven ground) and can be difficult for people who are not agile or in a wheelchair.
- All areas are accessible as there are no steps.
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus latest resort updates and developments.
***$50 CREDIT CARD PRE-AUTHORISATION*** From 1st February 2021, guests checking in to this property will be required to provide a PHYSICAL credit card upon arrival (Apple Pay or Virtual Pay is not accepted at this site), and a $50.00 pre-authorization charge will be taken as a security deposit. This will be refunded to the same credit card within 7 business days of departure, providing the apartment is left in a satisfactory condition, and there are no outstanding room charges. Please note that cash or apple pay are not accepted.
**Please note this is not a Club Wyndham Managed property, Lifestyle benefits do not apply**
Temporary Reception Hours: From 25th March 2020, temporary Reception hours will be 8am to 7pm Saturday- Thursday and 7am-9pm Friday. If arriving outside of these hours please contact the Property during operating hours on 02 4998 7000 to organize key pick up. Please note that express check-in is not available at this resort.
Restaurant Closed until further notice. There is no Food & Beverage offering at this property.
**Please note this is not a Club Wyndham Managed property, Privileges benefits do not apply**
**Signage at this property has recently been changed, and no longer displays the Wyndham/WorldMark name. This change is due to Leisure Inn branding standards. Please follow signs to Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill.**
**ROOM ALLOCATIONS: Club Wyndham own 21 apartments at this property, which are spread throughout the grounds. Whilst requests for rooms to be close to each other may be made, this is not guaranteed and in most cases, is not possible.
- Tours and activities can be organized at reception.
- A $50 credit card pre-authorization is required upon check-in.
- This resort is a retreat and is in a quiet position. To make the most of your stay, it is recommended for guests to hire a car, as many of the attractions in the district are roughly 10 kilometers away. Please consider Travel Club by Wyndham for competitive prices on car hire.
- All two-bedroom apartments are interconnecting lock-offs comprising of a studio and one-bedroom apartment. This room type is not recommended for families with small children (under 12 years).
- There is no air conditioning in the bedroom of 1 bedroom apartments. There are ceiling fans.
- Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific and Club Wyndham do not manage this resort.
- Studio apartments at Club Wyndham Pokolbin Hill are quite compact and not recommended for extended stays. These rooms have no kitchen and only tea/coffee making facilities. a Strict Occupancy limit of 2 people for studio apartments apply – a third person (including a child) is not permitted.
- Laundries are not found in any apartments, however the resort has a communal laundry available for use by guests. The cost of this service is $4 per wash and $4 per dry.
- Aside from special needs apartments, all units have a shower over the spa bath.
- Facilities and apartments at Club Wyndham Pokolbin Hill are quite spread out, meaning it can be 100 metres from car parking spaces to your chateau. Walking paths may also be uneven and people with mobility issues should consider carefully before booking this resort. During periods of wet weather, pathways become muddy.
Guest Bookings: Please keep in mind that as the Owner you are responsible for your Guest’s complying with Club guidelines and regulations, your Guest’s behaviour whilst staying at the resort, and any outstanding charges resulting from Guest’s usage at the resort.
Credit Card fees: From 1 September 2016 payments made by credit card for any charges incurred during your stay at a Club Wyndham resort will incur a Credit Card Service Fee of 0.9% in addition to the total amount payable.
Smoking policy: Owners and/or guests are able smoke in the designated smoking areas or on their apartment balconies, if they have one. You cannot smoke in your room at any time and, when smoking on a balcony, the door must be closed – you will be liable for an additional cleaning fee if smoke affects the inside of the room. Please consider other club owners and guests and try to smoke in a way where there is minimal or no chance of affecting others. Thank you.
Pets: Pets are not allowed at most Club Wyndham or Ramada by Wyndham properties. Exceptions apply in the case of hearing, mobility and/or vision impaired guests, please advise at time of booking if this applies, or those staying in dog friendly designated units at designated resorts see here for more information.
Wi-Fi is available. However the service provided is only basic and with very limited speeds.
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 12:00pm (noon).
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at Reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Balloon Aloft Hot Air Ballooning
Hunter Valley balloon flights begin at sunrise and take in views of the picturesque wine regions of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury or Broke. Balloon Aloft flights last approximately one hour and are followed by a delicious gourmet champagne breakfast at the famous Peterson House winery and Restaurant.
Cypress Lakes Gold and Country Club
Located in the beautiful wine district of the Hunter Valley, Cypress Lakes is a picturesque 6,487 metre par 72 18-hole championship golf course and is ranked among the top resort courses in Australia.
Cypress Lakes golf course is open to visitors 7 days per week and offers equipment and cart hire.
Grapemobile Bicycle Hire
Hire a mountain bike or tandem bike and explore the beautiful Hunter Valley region’s attractions at your own pace! Grapemobile Bicycle Hire is situated in Pokolbin Brothers Wines, centrally located in the premium wine region of Pokolbin, and is within easy cycling distance to a host of boutique wineries and sumptuous restaurants.
Grapemobile Bicycle Hire offers adult and children’s bike hire as well as adult bikes fitted with baby seats. Bike hire starts from 1 hour and includes personalised service, bike, helmet, bottled water, sunscreen, suggested tour map and roadside assistance.
Hunter Valley Horse Riding & Adventures
Enjoy the breathtaking Hunter Valley scenery on horseback! Take a guided tour with an experienced local guide and explore the beautiful Molly Morgan Ranges.
Guided Segway Tour
Explore this historic region famous for its world class wine on your very own Segway! This adventure is ideal for all ages from 11 years old, all fitness levels and gender.
Tours commences with Segway training by a qualified guided before you head out on your guided Segway tour.