Play on the water. You’ll quickly agree that cool afternoons are best spent with steaming cups of clam chowder and exceptional views of the Pacific Ocean over your shoulder. Gleneden’s coastal community greets you with a burst of salty breezes that tousle your hair and remind you to take your time. Stop and smell the wildflowers as you make your way through groves of Sitka spruces until you reach Oregon’s best views at Cascade Head.
· Elevators (Limited)
· 24-Hour Front Desk
· Beach Access – Closed
· 2 Hot Tubs (Outdoor) – Closed
· Activities Center
· Beach Access – Closed
· Children’s Playground
· Children’s Pool (Outdoor) – Closed
· Fitness Center
· Swimming Pool (Outdoor) – Closed
· Tennis Court
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus the latest resort updates and developments.
- Please note: Local authorities have discovered significant erosion along the beach and cliff front in the immediate vicinity of WorldMark Gleneden, which may impact the stability of beachfront areas of the resort, including the pool area and walkway. The resort is working with a team of experts to evaluate and remediate the areas impacted by the beach erosion. In the meantime, the pool and hot tub area are closed and there is no beach access in the direct vicinity
- All suites at the resort will undergo a refurbishment project Oct. 1, 2022 – Apr. 26, 2023. This includes new carpet, tile, paint and furniture. During this time you may experience noise, dust, odors and work crews, and parking may be blocked for staging purposes.
Important Smoking Prohibition
The Oregon Indoor Clean Air Act prohibits smoking or carry of any lighted smoking or vaporizing instrument in a public place except in areas designated as smoking areas. The law also prohibits smoking within 10 feet of entrances, exits, windows that open, and ventilation intakes of workplaces or public places. As a result, smoking and/or vaping is prohibited on all suite patios, decks and balconies at this resort. Please check with the resort’s front desk for information on any designated smoking areas they may offer.
- No air conditioning
- Elevators (not every building has elevators)
- Limited ground floor requests are accepted based on physical or medical needs. Please call the Vacation Planning Center for details.
- 24-hour front desk
- Parking is limited, and the resort is not always able to accommodate the storage of boats, RVs, and trailers.
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 10:00am.
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Discovered in 1778 by Captain James Cook, Cape Foulweather is one of the highest points along the Oregon coast at 500 feet. Activities include whale watching. Approx. 6 mi.
Yaquina Head Lighthouse
Climb the stairs of Oregon’s tallest lighthouse. Active since 1873, the lighthouse features 114 stairs and stands 93 feet in height. For more information, call (541) 574-3116. Just north of Newport.
Devils Punchbowl State Natural Area
Named for a hollow rock formation shaped like a gigantic punch bowl, this state natural area is a popular whale-watching site. The park features picnic areas, beach access and a hiking trail. 8 mi. north of Newport.