Welcome to Arizona’s rim country, a stunning landscape of colorful rock formations, forested mountains and dramatic canyons. Worldmark Bison Ranch is located 56 miles east of Payson and 35 miles west of Show Low in northern Arizona. Situated in the heart of this beautiful desert region is Bison Ranch, a recreated Old West town from the 1800s, a unique vacation destination that features eclectic shops, fine dining, and a delightful boardwalk area. A friendly mountain community in Overgaard, Arizona, Bison Ranch is ideally located to explore all the attractions and activities in the area including horseback riding to ancient petroglyphs, hiking through the tall pines and mountain biking rugged trails through flowering deserts, ancient rock art sites, fishing, boating and much more.
Making the most of your Arizona vacation is easy at this resort-style property, which features a fun selection of on-site amenities to keep everyone entertained and having fun. Hook a winner in the catch-and-release fishing pond, stay energized in the fitness center or hit the recreation center to play pool, ping-pong and arcade games. You’ll also find a volleyball court and horseshoe pit, along with a shared computer with Internet service for your convenience. Stay in these Bison Ranch family suites and you’ll also have access to the seasonal outdoor pool and children’s pool, outdoor play area and relaxing hot tub.
· Front Desk Hours: 6:00am – 10:00pm
· Wi-Fi Internet Access
· Air Conditioning
· Catch-And-Release Pond
· Activities Center
· Game Room
· Children’s Playground
· Children’s Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal)
· Fitness Center
· Hot Tub (Outdoor)
· Swimming Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal)
· Volleyball Court
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus the latest resort updates and developments.
- Our updated housekeeping protocols for our resort operation teams are in place to minimize potential exposure to COVID-19 for our associates as well as owners and guests. These protocols include temporarily suspending housekeeping services while suites are occupied, including stay-over cleans for extended stays.
- Resort amenities are available, except where prohibited by state or local mandate. Please note: Kids Clubs are temporarily closed.
- Air conditioning
- No elevators
- Ground floor requests are accepted based on physical or medical need. Please call the Vacation Planning Center for details.
- Front desk hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Parking is limited. The resort is not always able to accommodate the storage of boats, RVs, and trailers.
- Pool and hot tub hours are 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Main pool and children’s pool are seasonal, closed Nov.-April annually. The hot tub is open year-round. Children who are not fully potty trained must wear swim diapers. There are no lifeguards on duty. Please refer to posted pool signage for more information.
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 10:00am.
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Petrified National Forest Park
Gaze at ancient petroglyphs and hike among petrified trees at the Petrified National Forest Park. Learn about the people who first occupied the area more than 2,000 years ago.
Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area
Explore the beautiful Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area located in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. Visitors can hike among the tall pines and stroll along the lake at a cool 6,300 feet in elevation. Year-round fishing, boating and wildlife viewing opportunities make Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area a popular destination.
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests
Located in east-central Arizona, the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests contain more than two million acres of mountainous terrain. The Sitgreaves National Forest boasts the Mogollon Rim Visitor Center and eight cold-water lakes. Named for the tribe that settled in the area, the Apache National Forest is home to the White Mountains of Arizona.