If you are looking for a holiday destination in Victoria other than Melbourne, then Club Wyndham Ballarat is a wonderful setting for a family holiday or relaxing romantic escape. Located in the Goldfields region of country Victoria, less than two hours drive from Melbourne, this Ballarat resort is regarded as one of the region’s grandest mansions.
The heritage listed mansion built in 1878 is set on 55 acres of sprawling grounds featuring manicured lawns, picturesque gardens, and a beautiful tree-lined lake ideal for fishing and boating. There is an abundance of excellent services and facilities available to Members. Families will love swimming in the heated indoor pool or hiring a bike to take a scenic tour of the town. There is a spa, sauna, lounge and library facilities for those after a quiet moment.
Accommodation at Club Wyndham Ballarat seamlessly integrates an old-world design with modern amenities to ensure Members are treated to the utmost in comfort and service. The self-contained apartments are fit out to cater for all needs including a fully equipped kitchen, LCD television and private ensuite.
Famous for its gold rush heritage, Ballarat is home to many historical attractions such as Sovereign Hill and The Eureka Centre – both offering a fascinating insight into life from yesteryear. A great place to start sightseeing in Ballarat is taking a stroll along the shore of Lake Wendouree, exploring the museums and galleries, or uncovering Ballarat’s past on foot by following the Heritage Walking Trails.
Ballarat’s neighbouring regions are popular for winery tours and pampering day spas. Combine relaxation and rejuvenation on your holiday at Club Wyndham Ballarat with a visit to spa country – the Daylesford spa region – and a tour of Ballarat Wine Region or Pyrenees Wine Region, both of which attract food and wine lovers from far and wide.
- Heated indoor pool, spa and sauna
- Kids’ club and games room
- Heated indoor pool
- Tour desk
- Two tennis courts
- Paddleboats (seasonal)
- BBQ area
- Children’s playground
- Fishing area
- Games room
- Internet access
- Bike hire
- Kids’ club
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus latest resort updates and developments.
Further to our ongoing commitment to maintain and preserve the beautiful and historically significant buildings that make up Club Wyndham Ballarat – starting 13 June 2022, the resort will be undergoing some window works from 8:30am to 5:30pm daily until further notice. The builders will minimize noise as much as possible, however as they are building some work noise is unavoidable. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during this period. If you have any concerns, please call the resort on 03 5337 5337
TENNIS COURTS: Urgent resurfacing work will take place on the Tennis Courts from Monday March 07th- Friday March 11th(weather permitting). General hours of work will be from 7:30am to 5:00pm, with minimal noise impact for guests.
VIC COVID INFORMATION: Please visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/ to familiarize yourself with the VIC health recommendations prior to commencing your travel. This includes important information regarding vaccination requirements per the government’s roadmap to reopening.
CRITICAL INFORMATION – MUST READ: Effective from Monday 12th July 2021, all owners/guests checking into CWSP Properties MUST present photo ID in the form of a passport or driver’s license upon check-in. The ID must match the reservation in the Hotel’s PMS (Property Management System) and credit card provided. Guest name MUST be added to the reservation at time of booking, or prior to check-in. Only the Owner Services Team can add or amend a guest name. If owners call a resort to ask for a change to guest name, they will be redirected to Owner Services.
- Reception operates seven days from 7:00am to 9:00pm.
- A $100 deposit or credit card imprint is required upon check-in.
- Should you be late checking in, an after-hours key pick up service is provided. Simply call (03) 5337 5337 before 9pm on the day of your arrival.
- Club Wyndham Ballarat does not have elevators. Owners are advised to book ground floor apartments if necessary. A waitlist is available for these apartments.
- Not all apartments are air conditioned. Air conditioning is in Studio, Studio Deluxe, Studio Plus, 1 & 2 Bedroom Deluxe, 2 Bedroom Deluxe Ground Floor, 3 Bedroom Ground Floor, 3 Bedroom Deluxe.
- Ballarat usually runs 3 x 2 hour Kid’s Club sessions during all Victorian school holidays for children 5 – 12 years old. This is free of charge. Children under 5 are welcome to participate in Kid’s Club activities, but need to be under parents supervision at all times. Days and sessions to be confirmed with the resort.
- To ensure you make the most of your time in Ballarat and its surrounding region, it is recommended for guests to hire a car while staying at this resort. Please consider Travel Club by Wyndham for competitive prices on car hire.
- If you are a Lifestyle By Wyndham member, your holiday groceries can now be ordered through Coles online! Log in to lifestylebywyndham.com with your Owner Number and the same password that you use for online bookings, and then click on ‘Resort Benefits‘ on the top menu for more details.
- Wireless Internet & Movies are available and payable to the resort. This service does incur additional fees and charges of $5-$7 AUD. Use of Wireless Internet is limited to five devices at any one time per Wireless Connection. Wireless Internet service is free for Lifestyle Bronze and above owners*. Use of In-Room movies is limited for Lifestyle Bronze and above owners based on tier level benefits. *Club Wyndham Managed Properties only.
- This resort holds Owner Events throughout the year, speak with your resort reception staff for times when checking in.
Guest Bookings: Please keep in mind that as the Owner you are responsible for your Guest’s complying with Club guidelines and regulations, your Guest’s behavior whilst staying at the resort, and any outstanding charges resulting from Guest’s usage at the resort.
Credit Card Fees: From 1 September 2016 payments made by credit card for any charges incurred during your stay at a Club Wyndham resort will incur a Credit Card Service Fee of 0.9% in addition to the total amount payable.
Smoking policy: Owners and/or guests are able smoke in the designated smoking areas or on their apartment balconies, if they have one. You cannot smoke in your room at any time and, when smoking on a balcony, the door must be closed – you will be liable for an additional cleaning fee if smoke affects the inside of the room. Please consider other club owners and guests and try to smoke in a way where there is minimal or no chance of affecting others. Thank you.
Pets: Pets are not allowed at most Club Wyndham or Ramada by Wyndham properties. Exceptions apply in the case of hearing, mobility and/or vision impaired guests, please advise at time of booking if this applies, or those staying in dog friendly designated units at designated resorts see here for more information.
Wi-Fi is available at most resorts however it may incur additional charges. We recommend contacting the individual resort reception to find out more.
Grocery Service: available at selected resorts, click here to find out more.
Free Activities to Owners:
- Fishing Equipment
- Bike Hire
- Kids Club
- Paddle Boats
- Board Games
- Retro Arcade Games
- Table Tennis
- Pool Table
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time for the first apartment is 12:00pm (noon).
- Guest may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at Reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Art Gallery of Ballarat
The Art Gallery of Ballarat is the oldest and largest regional art gallery in Australia, displaying art from the earliest period of European settlement to the present day, including a fine and growing collection of Australia Indigenous art. It provides an opportunity for students and teachers to access high quality original artwork which is usually only available in major capital cities.
The Art Gallery of Ballarat is committed to supporting the making and appreciation of visual arts in the Ballarat region.
Gallery’s Education program provides a range of opportunities for young people and adults to become involved in the life of the Gallery and to value art making in their own lives.
Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial
Ballarat Bird World
With over two hundred Australian and overseas Birds to see, Ballarat Bird World provides a rare chance for visitors to see the colors of Australian bird life.
Ballarat Ghost Tour
Australia’s most haunted city, Ballarat has seen more than its share of blood, tears and misery – from the hazards of the Gold Rush, the Eureka Stockade massacre, to the many souls who discovered mortality in the town’s 150 year history.
Ballarat Indoor Go-Carts and Laserforce
Located in the Heart of Ballarat’s Entertainment Precinct Ballarat Indoor Go-Karts and Laserforce offers Adrenaline pumping action on the Track and in the Laserforce Arena. Offering the latest in technology in Laserforce with 30 Gen 7 battle suits and new Sodi RX7 9hp Go-Karts.