Rotorua is a fascinating holiday destination that mixes culture, adventure and relaxation. Renowned for being a hotbed of thermal activity, Rotorua’s hot springs and spas make it the perfect getaway for pampering, stress-release and rejuvenation. At the same time, Rotorua is also a place where you can truly get the heart pumping. Adrenaline-raising attractions punctuate the Rotorua landscape from thrilling luge rides to white water rafting and even rolling down a hill in a giant translucent ball (zorbing). If all that is not enough for you, then you also have an area rich in Maori history and culture, and friendly locals to walk you through it all.
Located just 20 minutes outside Rotorua to ensure your getaway is relaxing, Ramada Resort Rotorua is the perfect base to explore this wonderful area of New Zealand’s North Island. The two and three-bedroom standard and deluxe apartments are equipped with a full size kitchen and laundry, making your stay feel like a home away from home. The Rotorua resort also boasts excellent resort facilities including outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, gym, tennis court and a superb position right on the water’s edge that offers beautiful views over the Ohau Channel and Lake Rotorua. This area is also rich in fisheries and you will be able to throw in a line from one of the various resort banks.
Please note: there is no public transport available from the resort and that a car is highly recommended.
- Fish smoker
- Outdoor pool and spa
- Fish smoker
- Fly fishing (Oct-May)
- Outdoor pool
- Kayak hire (local operator)
- Tennis court
- Tour desk
- Private boat ramp
- Onsite parking
- Disabled access (Elevators)
Before You Go
Planning a holiday at one of your Club Wyndham resorts? Keep informed of special check-in details, parking availability, plus latest resort updates and developments.
NZ COVID INFORMATION: Please visit the below links to familiarize yourself with the NZ health recommendations prior to commencing your travel. This includes important information regarding vaccination requirements per the government’s roadmap to reopening.
CRITICAL INFORMATION – MUST READ: Effective from Monday 12th July 2021, all owners/guests checking into CWSP Properties MUST present photo ID in the form of a passport or driver’s license upon check-in. The ID must match the reservation in the Hotel’s PMS (Property Management System) and credit card provided. Guest name MUST be added to the reservation at time of booking, or prior to check-in. Only the Owner Services Team can add or amend a guest name. If owners call a resort to ask for a change to guest name, they will be redirected to Owner Services.
**Alert: As a precautionary measure, as part of our COVID-19 risk reduction plan, , a maximum of three (3) people will be allowed in the gym at any given time and four (4) in the spa.
**For important information before you travel overseas, we recommend you visit the smarttraveller.gov.au website **
**INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: When travelling internationally you will require a valid passport with a minimum of six (6) months validity based on your return date to Australia or New Zealand. Wyndham do not issue visas or documentation for re-entry into Australia. It is your responsibility to check that you have current and correct documentation for departing Australia, entry into any countries visited, ports of call or re-entry into Australia. General visa advice can be obtained from www.visalink.com.au. Please ensure you visit this website regarding required visas.**
- Reception Hours are from 8:00am to 6:00pm, 7 days.
- Check in time is 4:00pm. Should you arrive after 6:00pm, kindly inform the resort prior to 6:00pm. An after hours check in procedure is available.
- The licensed café opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 6pm – 9pm, Saturday 9am – 2pm & 6pm – 9pm, Sunday 9am – 2pm. Monday closed. This service is privately owned and managed.
- All apartments are 2 storey with an internal staircase and bedrooms located upstairs. However, the special needs apartment has an entry ramp and bathroom with two bedrooms (one with a Queen bed, one with two Single beds) are located downstairs. A limited number of child safety gates are available at the resort. Please request at time of booking. These are provided free of charge and are subject to availability.
- Air conditioning is only on the living room area
- NZ$100 deposit or credit card imprint is required upon arrival.
- Pool Towels are available at reception and a $10 refundable bond is charged against the room per towel.
- Club Wyndham Rotorua is located 20 minutes from the Rotorua Town Centre. There is NO public transport to and from the resort.
- The resort is situated on a canal. Most units have direct water access and may not be suitable for families with young children. You can request a unit away from water but this cannot be guaranteed. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Apartments have heating and cooling units in the living area.
- The outdoor pool is not heated.
- Two and three-bedroom apartments have one bathroom. Only three-bedroom deluxe apartments feature a second toilet.
- Owner can request cots, high chairs and stair guards, free of charge. Must be requested at time of booking, and is subject to availability.
- Wireless Internet & Movies are available and payable to the resort. Use of Wireless Internet is limited to six devices at any one time per Wireless Connection. Wireless Internet service is free for Lifestyle by Wyndham Bronze and above owners*. Use of In-Room movies is limited to Lifestyle Bronze and above owners based on tier level benefits.
Guest Bookings: Please keep in mind that as the Owner you are responsible for your Guest’s complying with Club guidelines and regulations, your Guest’s behavior whilst staying at the resort, and any outstanding charges resulting from Guest’s usage at the resort.
Credit Card fees: From 1 September 2016 payments made by credit card for any charges incurred during your stay at a Club Wyndham resort will incur a Credit Card Service Fee of 0.9% in addition to the total amount payable.
Chrome Cast – Stream your favorite subscription content eg. Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Stand etc.
Pets: Pets are not allowed at most Club Wyndham properties. Exceptions apply in the case of hearing, mobility and/or vision impaired guests, please advise at time of booking if this applies, or those staying in dog friendly designated units at designated resorts see here for more information.
Wi-Fi is available at most resorts via LSP system, this may incur additional charges. We recommend contacting the individual resort reception to find out more.
Grocery Service: available at selected resorts, click here to find out more.
Free Activities to Owners:
- Tennis Equipment
- Outdoor Table Tennis
- Board Games
- Fishing Gear
- Badminton Set
- Outdoor Chess Set
- Portable BBQ Set
- E-Bike Hire
Does your reservation include an apartment move during your stay? The following guidelines apply:
- Guest is responsible for packing own belongings.
- Check out time 12:00pm (noon).
- For a room move, guests may be unable to check into next apartment until 4:00pm. Luggage can be left at Reception.
- Reception staff are unable to modify bookings to avoid apartment moves. If you have any enquiries, please contact your Member Services Team.
Things To See and Do
Hellsgate Geothermal Park and Mud Bath Spa
Immerse yourself in unique geothermal muds and sulphur waters of the historic Hellsgate and New Zealand Mud Bath Spas! Hells Gate is home to New Zealand’s most active geothermal field that features erupting waters, steaming fumaroles, pools of boiling mud, mud volcano and the largest hot waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere.
Waimarino Adventure Park
Waimarino Adventure Park is Tauranga’s premier water and adventure park, featuring kayak hire, climbing walls, The Blob, a ropes course, Tarzan Swing, Gladiator pole, kayak slide and much more!
Gain an insight into Maori culture and the myths and legends of the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley at Te Puia. Home to the iconic Pohutu Geyser as well as the boilingmud pools, National Schools of Wood Carving and Weaving, enjoy live Maori cultural performances as well as a live kiwi bird sanctuary.